We may encounter at least one of the very famous fried rice varieties in our daily life. Pineapple fried rice, vegetable fried rice, Thai fried rice, Sambal fried rice and Indo-Chinese chicken fried rice are a few examples.
Nowadays brown rice is replacing white rice in many fried rice varieties.
And fried rice mixes and seasoning packets are available in the market commonly.
Fried rice won’t come without sauces. A lot of sauces fills the condiments section in supermarkets. Teriyaki sauce, BBQ sauce, hot sauce, chipotle sauce are famous among consumers.
Here, I used only soy sauce. The same recipe can be modified by adding tom yum sauce or cajun seasoning according to your taste buds and preference.
I added broccoli to increase the vegetable intake. This vegetable has easily been incorporated in fried rice.
- Cooked and Medium grain rice-200 gm
- Broccoli-1/3 of full(big-sized)
- Spring onion
- Light soy sauce
- Garlic-4 cloves
- Sesame Oil-2 tbsp
- Spread the cooked rice in a tray and put it under a fan for one hour.
- Clean and wash the squid. Remove the tentacles, chop them and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add chopped garlic and saute. Add the tentacles with little water to cook.
- When the water has evaporated, add broccoli and cook till it becomes half cooked in medium heat.
- Increase the heat to high. Add the rice, soy sauce and mix them well until the sauce coats all the rice.
- Meanwhile, add oil in a hot pan and scramble the egg. Keep aside.
- Now add the scrambled egg, spring onion and toss well to get a good mix. Add pepper to taste.
- The fried rice is ready now. Stuff the fried rice in the squid.
- Fill the squid till it reaches 3/4 of it.
- Add oil in a pan and place the squid. Sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Add 1/4 cup of water and close with a lid. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes. Check in-between and add water if necessary to avoid sticking in the pan.
- The same squid stuffing can be steamed.
- Heat water in a steamer
- Now steam the squid by placing them with enough gap.
- Slice thickly before serving.
- Serve with a little soy sauce and some green onions to crunch up or serve with tomato ketchup or chilli sauce.
The same recipe can be modified by reducing the rice and adding more seafood and chicken to make it keto-friendly.