Some afternoon will be hazed with the problem of not having enough ingredients and our favourite vegetables. Same potato fry, carrot fry will make us tired not only to eat to make lunch too. Same routine menu list and same food make us lousy, fog our brain, drain our energy too. To energize us we need a change in our routine. Change from our daily routine food and meal.
Once I had Japanese chicken curry in a food chain. It included chicken, potato and carrots as well. I searched the internet what the curry masala Japanese curry using and finally, I came to a conclusion to add whatever spices and masalas I have. Tofu Japanese curry is the one I am planning to make.
I am not using any instant curry mix in this recipe. I am trying to do from scratch with available ingredients. I added tofu to replace the chicken and this recipe becomes a vegan for my surprise.
Curry vs Japanese curry
Similar International recipes
Vegetarian /vegan sushi– A Japanese healthy vegan/vegetarian sushi made using Calrose rice and vegetables.
Crispy Hawaiian tortilla pizza– A healthy pizza recipe made in Hawaiian style using a multigrain tortilla.A customizable pizza topped with cottage cheese/paneer and pineapple.
Kunafa-Middle Eastern dessert– A Middle Eastern dessert recipe made using fried vermicelli/pheni to make the crispy outer layer and the low-fat creamy filling.
Thai steamed fish– A healthy fish recipe steamed using fresh ginger,lime,lemongrass.
Claypot chicken rice-A Chinese claypot chicken rice includes shitake mushroom, chicken and simple seasoning and sauces.
Tofu Japanese curry
- 1 block Cubed tofu
- 2 Cubed carrot medium-sized
- 1 Cubed potato big
- 4 tbsp Tomato puree
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- 3 tbsp Curry powder
- 3 tsp Cornflour
- 3 cups Water
- 1 Chopped onion medium-sized
- 1 Grated apple medium-sized
- 1 tbsp Grated ginger
- 3 cloves Chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce
- Pepper optional
- Fry the cubed tofu in 1 tbsp oil and keep aside.
- In a hot pan, add onion and saute until it becomes translucent.
- Add grated ginger, chopped garlic, grated apple and saute until the raw smell goes.
- Now add the chopped potato and carrots and cook for few more minutes.
- Add curry masala and mix well.
- Now add tomato puree and cook covered for few minutes.
- Add water, soy sauce,garam masala and cook covered again until the vegetables cooked to its 3/4.
- It is time to add fried tofu.
- Mix 2 tbsp of water to the cornflour and make a paste. Now add the cornflour paste into the curry and cook for 3 more minutes.
- The curry will become thick enough to pour. Check the spice and salt level. If required add salt and pepper.
- Serve hot with rice.
Do check out my YouTube channel GameOfSpice for more healthy vlogs. For instant updates about new recipes check out my Instagram. For recent updates, check out my Facebook page. You can also go through my pins on Pinterest. Check out my Yummly for healthy recipes.