The healthy banana cake does not always need to be tasteless and dense. And they don’t need to be fat loaded ones to make it tastier. Healthy less fat eggless banana ragi cake recipe is one of the best recipes to enjoy the yogurt banana cake guilt-free. This vegetarian banana cake is versatile, moist and fluffy to enjoy the rich banana taste.
What makes the eggless ragi banana cake different from the regular banana cake?
Ragi/finger millet flour, oat flour and wheat flour are substituted to increase the healthy ingredients intake with the swap to the regular plain flour/cake flour. Millets, oat flour and unbleached wheat flout retain more fibre and healthy attributes
Why is the eggless ragi banana cake better than regular banana cake?
- The ragi cake is better than regular banana cake as it has more nutrients than any other bleached cake flour brands.
- Moreover, it is light, fluffy and versatile in taste compared to any other cake flour.
Is roasting the flour is necessary for eggless banana cake?
There is no need to roast the flours for making this banana cake. Use the flours directly.
Can the ragi flour be used in baking?
Ragi flour is light and gluten-free by nature. When you use the ragi flour to bake it creates a fluffy, less dense cake and bread. Ragi flour is one of the easily usable millets in baking to enjoy its nutrients without much taste difference.
Does the cake taste bitter?/ Will the ragi taste dominate?
Ragi flour is not bitter. But it has some aftertaste when eating that alone. When the ratio of ragi, wheat flour and oat flour is correct it won’t make any difference in taste. The colour of the cake will be dark.
What are the sugar alternatives can be used?
The recipe calls for brown sugar. You can substitute jaggery, raw sugar and coconut sugar. If you want to use refined sugar that can be used as well.
Why You Will Love this recipe:
- Without Refined Sugar
- Nutrient rich
- Fiber rich
- Perfect To have in breakfast,snack, lunch box or as a dessert
Cake recipes to enjoy
EASY TO MAKE PINEAPPLE CAKE-Moist and fluffy pineapple that does not require oil or butter to reach its desired taste.
TAPIOCA CAKE/ KUEH IN THE AIR FRYER– An air fryer tapioca cake recipe enriched with coconut milk and egg.
STEAMED APPLE CAKE– A soft apple cake steamed to enjoy with kids for an evening snack.
STEAMED JACKFRUIT RICE CAKE– A fluffy steamed yeast jackfruit cake tastes delicious with coconut milk and eggs.
Eggless ragi banana cake for a healthy sweet treat
- Convection Oven
- 1 cup Ragi Flour
- ¾ cup Wheat flour
- ¾ cup Oats flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- a pinch Salt
- ¾ cup Mashed banana
- ½ cup Brown sugar grated
- 1 cup yogurt/curd
- ⅓ cup Olive oil
- ¼ cup +2tbsp Milk
- Add ragi flour into a mixing bowl.
- Add oats powder.
- Add artisan flour.
- Next add the baking powder.
- Add the baking soda.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Mix thoroughly to get an even, fluffy cake.
- Mix well and keep this aside until the wet ingredients are ready.
- Blend the banana into a puree.
- Add the brown sugar.
- Mix thoroghly until banana puree and sugar blends together.
- Next add the yogurt.
- It is time to add the oil.
- Mix thoroughly to get an evenly moist cake.
- Now,mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Mix gently to achieve a fluffy cake.
- Add milk in small quntities to achieve the required consistency.
- Transfer the batter into a lined baking tray.
- Tap the tray to release the air bubbles.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes at 180 in a preheated oven.
- The cake is ready now.
- Wait till the cakebecomes cool to the room temperature.
- Cut the cake into required shape & size.
- Serve with tea or coffee.
- Use a blender to make oats powder from oats.
- No need to roast the oats for grinding.
- You can use wheat flour or Plain flour instead of artisan flour.
- Puree the banana only after mixing the dry ingredients to avoid the colour change.
- Don’t mix forcefully otherwise the cake will be hard & flat.
- The batter will be a little thick.
- Baking the cake in a tray will minimize the baking time compared to the baking tin.
BAKERY-STYLE COCONUT BUN– A bakery-style coconut bun stuffed with flattened rice and coconut.
STUFFED BANANA FRITTERS– A fried banana fritters stuffed with flattened rice and coconut.
CLEAR AGAR-AGAR JELLY FRUIT CAKE– A clear agar-agar jelly cake made with tropical fruits.
WHITE CHOCOLATE MANGO CUPS– Mango filled white chocolate cups for a quick treat.
Subscribe to my YouTube channel GameOfSpice for more healthy vlogs. For instant updates about new recipes check out my Instagram. For recent updates, check out my Facebook page. You can also go through my pins on Pinterest. Check out my Yummly for healthy recipes.