Platter Ideas are famous among kids because of their variety of items in small quantities. Party platters and snack platters are well-known platter ideas. I made this lunch platter some time back. The recipe was on draft for so many days.
First of all, what is platter?
A platter is a general term used in restaurants, to mention the main dish that is served along with one or more side dishes. Indian thali, meat platters are convenient examples. The side dishes can be a salad, fries, or any particular side dish that goes along with that particular main dish.
How do you make a lunch platter?
Generally, the lunch platter or lunch tray includes much variety of food or food ingredients. Most platters include fruits, vegetables, cooked eggs, nuts, dry fruits, cheese, cream cheese, cured meats, and preserved vegetables to ease the process or lessen the workload.
What do I have in my lunch platter today?
A simple yet tasty garlic rice recipe that is made in a pressure cooker with freshly chopped garlic, chicken cube and basmati rice.
A breaded and baked juicy fish made using Cajun seasoning and simple spices.
Baked sweet potato fries
A baked healthy fries recipe made using sweet potato.
Recipes to try
VEGETARIAN PLATTER– A vegetarian platter that includes chia pudding, potato chapati/paratha, pomegranate sharbat, salad and dates and fruits skewers.
PROTEIN-RICH GLUTEN-FREE LUNCH PLATTER– A gluten-free and protein-rich lunch platter that includes ghee rice, vegetarian dalcha, broccoli- asparagus stir fry and mincemeat kebab.
HEALTHY FINGER MILLET/RAGI DUMPLINGS/THIKKADI– A healthy chicken and finger millet dumpling mixed in Indian masala.
PRAWN TOFU LAKSA FROM SCRATCH– A laksa recipe that includes tofu, prawn along with beansprout and homemade laksa paste.
3 Easy dishes that make a perfect lunch platter
- Electric oven
- Pressure cooker
- Basmati rice-1 1/2 cup
- Bay leaf-1
- Garlic-4 cloves
- Olive oil
- Chicken cube-1/2
- Water-2 1/4 cup
- Fish fillet-3 or 500 gm
- Bread crumbs-required
- Cajun seasoning-1 to 1 1/2 tbsp
- Olive oil-2 tbsp
- Black pepper
Sweet potato fries
- Sweet potato-5 small-sized
- Olive oil
- I am using a pressure cooker to make the garlic rice.
- Add oil in the cooker.
- Add bay leaves. Fry for few minutes until a nice aroma comes out.
- Add chopped garlic.
- Add the washed and drained basmati rice.
- Fry the rice for few minutes to get a fluffy rice.
- Mix and dissolve the chicken cube in the measured water that is required to cook the rice.
- Add salt if required asthe chicken cube contains salt in it.
- Sprinkle thyme powder.
- Pressure cook the rice for 2 whistles and leave the cooker to naturally release the pressure.
- Add pepper powder to the egg.
- Add salt.
- Use a fork and mix well until the everything blends together.
- Let me prepare the crumb coating.
- Take the breadcrumbs in a wide plate.
- Add the cajun seasoning.
- Add olive oil.
- Coat the egg mixture to the cleaned and pat dried fish fillet. Make sure to cover all the sides and edges to make an evenly coated fish.
- Place the egg coated fish on the prepared breadcrumb mix and cover all the sides and corners.
- Refrigerate the fish fillet for 5 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven for 175 C.
- Bake the fish in a preheated oven for 12 to 25 minutes.
- Turn the fish after 5 minutes to the other side and cook.
Sweet potato fries
- Remove the skin of the sweet potatoes.
- Cut the sweet potatoes in to a french fries size.
- Wash them in water and pat dry.
- Prepare a lined baking tray.
- Sprinkle olive oil.
- Place the sweet potatoes and mix and toss them to coat the oilive oil.
- Sprinkle salt.
- Bake the sweet potatoes for 10 minutes in a preheated oven.
- Flip and bake the sweet potatoes until it is golden brown.
- Serve the garlic rice, baked fish and baked sweet potato fries with tomato ketchup or your favourite sauce.
- Take care not to break the rice while frying them. Don’t use force while stirring the rice.
- Fry the rice in low heat to avoid burning the rice.
- Rice and water ratio for the Daawat brand is 1: 1.5
- Add salt only after checking as the chicken cube already contains salt in it.
- The refrigeration of fish fillet will help to set and hold the breadcrumbs thus minimize the breadcrumbs from dropping.
- Turn the fish to its other side after 5 minutes to cook the fish evenly.
- Washing the sweet potatoes will remove the excess starch and thus will yield crunchy fries.
- Sprinkle salt only before baking. Otherwise, the sweet potatoes will not be crispy.
Some more tasty recipes to try
SINGAPORE STYLE FRIED VERMICELLI– A quick and varied breakfast recipe that includes rice vermicelli, prawns.
BAKED STUFFED SHELLS– A baked tomato-based pasta recipe that includes tofu, mushroom, asparagus stuffed in shells.
HIGH PROTEIN BREAKFAST WRAPS– A breakfast wrap recipe that contains high protein tofu and vegetables.
STUFFED SQUID FRIED RICE– A pan-fried squid recipe that includes fried rice stuffing.
TOFU, MUSHROOM STUFFED WONTON RAVIOLI PASTA– A ravioli pasta recipe that includes mushroom and tofu stuffing.
Subscribe to my YouTube channel GameOfSpice for more healthy vlogs. For instant updates about new recipes check out my Instagram. For recent updates, check out my Facebook page. You can also go through my pins on Pinterest. Check out my Yummly page for healthy recipes.