Some days we will get bored with our routine breakfast menu. Somedays our brains will be adamant to go for a change. That is applicable to cooking too.
I got the same feeling of saying a big ‘NO’ to Idly and Dosa. My kids’ school holiday started and they wanted some change in the daily routine. And after eating the same breakfasts daily, I needed one too.😏
We went for our weekly grocery shopping trip today and when I reached home, the bread loaves decorating my kitchen cabinet got my attention. So I started my laboratory work.🤔
So I am not too sure about the results…I grabbed some eggs, carrots, mushrooms.
Aa cob of corn was in the refrigerator from yesterday, blinking in the corner. My kid came in and said, “I think the corn is thinking if you would use it today”.
Corn, you got the chance. I started my cooking.
- Bread slices-8
- Cob of corn-1
- Milk-1/2 to 3/4 cup
- Remove the corn from the cob.
- Add oil in a pan. Saute the onion, corn, mushroom until they become soft.
- Crumble the bread slices into bread crumbs.
- Beat the eggs until frothy. Add the vegetables, bread crumbs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Mix them well until they blend together.
- Heat a waffle maker. Pour the batter and cook both the sides.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
I am using the store-bought oatmeal bread for this recipe. Any bread, whether white, wholemeal, whole wheat, multigrain or sprouted grain, can work well.
These waffles can be frozen for future use. These waffles can be used for a sandwich as well.
Focaccia, ciabatta, panini bread loaves can be used to replace the bread.