Researchers say people who skip on breakfast raise their risk for a variety of cardiovascular health problems. High protein can help reduce hunger and prevent overeating. Morning breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Many studies have linked eating breakfast to good health, including better memory and concentration. High protein breakfast wraps is one among the comfort breakfast recipe.
I am using the store-bought tortilla wrap as the base for the carbohydrate requirement. Here I am using tofu and garbanzo beans/chickpea for the protein. I tried to incorporate the vegetables as much as possible in this breakfast like capsicum/bell pepper, sweet corn, carrot, mushroom and for the sweet crisp note I added apple.
Check out some of the International recipes below.
Claypot chicken rice– is a traditional dinner dish in Southern China and Southeast Asia, mainly Hong Kong, Malaysia and Singapore. The recipe is made in a Pressure cooker to ease the cooking process.
Tofu Japanese Curry-It is one of the most popular dishes in Japan. The very common “curry rice” is most commonly referred to simply as “curry“.Tofu is added to make the curry vegetarian yet protein-rich.
Air fryer tapioca cake-are bite-sized snack or dessert foods commonly found in Southeast Asia. The term kueh or kuih is widely used in Indonesia, Malaysia, Brunei, and Singapore, to refer to sweet or savoury desserts.
Tofu wonton ravioli pasta–Ravioli is a type of Italian food pasta dish. It is usually two layers of pasta dough with a filling between the two layers. In this recipe, the store-bought wonton wrap is used to make the cooking easier.
Stovetop tortilla lasagna– is also an Italian dish made of stacked layers of this flat pasta alternating with fillings that may include meat, vegetable,tomato-based sauce, herbs and cheese. Here the tortilla fulfils the main carbohydrate requirement.
Tom Yum fried rice– is adapted from Tom-Yum Kong which is Thai traditional food that is very popular among foreigners. Tom-Yum fried rice is a mix of Tom-Yum ingredients such as meat, chilli paste, lemongrass, onion, lime, with jasmine rice. Tom Yum fried rice gives a spicy and sour taste which is a characteristic taste of Thai food.
High Protein Breakfast Wraps
- 8 pieces Tortilla wraps
- ½ cup Chopped carrot
- 8 to 10 pieces Button mushrooms
- ½ cup Chopped capsicum
- ½ cup sweet corn
- 1 cup Cooked Garbanzo beans/chickpea
- ½ block Firm tofu
- 1 big-sized Chopped apple
- 1½ tbsp Cajun seasoning
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp Chilli paste
- Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped carrot and saute.
- Add cooked Garbanzo beans and cook for 3 minutes
- Add corn and stir well to mix everything.
- Add mushroom and saute.
- Cook until the water released from mushrooms evaporates.
- Add capsicum and cook for 2 more minutes. Add tofu and mix well.
- Add required salt and Cajun seasoning.
- Cook until everything blends together. Keep aside for cooling.
- Meanwhile, add mayonnaise in a bowl.
- Add tomato sauce.
- Add chilli sauce.
- Mix well. Mayo is ready.
- Let us start plating. Place one wrap in a plate.
- Keep 2 tbsp of tofu-veg mixture. Pour 1/2 tbsp to 1 tbsp of mayonnaise dressing.
- Place apple on top of the dressing.
- Fold two sides of the wrap inside and start rolling from one side to the other side holding tightly the wrap.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp of mayo dressing and serve immediately.
- The wrap can be warmed using a microwave oven or electric oven.
- When folding the wrap make sure they are folded inwards to avoid spilling of stuffings.
- If you pour more mayo the wrap becomes soggy and may tear.
- Greek yoghurt can be used instead of mayo.
- Chickpea is the other name for Garbanzo beans.
This high protein breakfast tortilla can be served with Mayonnaise, ketchup. I prepared a mayo dressing and served with the breakfast wrap. Hummus is a hearty accompaniment for this breakfast. I used Cajun seasoning in this recipe. You can substitute paprika, peri-peri seasoning or your favourite seasoning.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did. Try it out and leave a comment on how it went. Any feedback is appreciated.
Subscribe to my YouTube channel Game Of Spice for more recipes. Check out Instagram for instant updates. Also, visit my Facebook page. You can also go through my pins on Pinterest. For Yum updates, go to my Yummly Page.