I had planned to prepare lasagna last week and bought some mozzarella cheese as well. But a lot of workload and kids’ exams insisted me to postpone this recipe.
And I forgot that I ran out of lasagna sheets. So I searched my pantry desperately to find some alternative for lasagna.
I had already pre-prepped pasta sauce and other ingredients for the lasagna. So I didn’t want to keep them in the refrigerator for future use. I searched my pantry and found some random items like Fusilli pasta, Tortilla wraps and some Couscous too.
I made my mind and decided to continue the lasagna recipe with Tortilla wraps. Here I am using multigrain Tortilla wraps and homemade pasta sauce.
- Multigrain Tortilla wraps-8
- Pasta sauce-1 1/2 cup
- Chicken chunks-250 gm
- White button mushroom-200 gm
- Sliced onion-1 medium-sized
- Bell pepper-1 medium-sized
- Black Olives/Green olives
- Milk-1/2 cup or cream -1/4 cup
- Mozzarella cheese singles-4
- Taco seasoning or peri-peri seasoning-2 tbsp
- Oil or butter
- Heat oil in a pan. Add chicken chunks, salt and fry for 3 minutes. Add seasoning, and saute. Keep aside.
- Fry the onion, half of the mushrooms and bell pepper in oil. Saute until the onion colour changes and keep aside.
- In a hot pan add oil. Add the remaining mushrooms and fry. Now add the pre-prepared pasta sauce. Season the pasta sauce with salt and pepper if required in this stage. Add milk and cook until everything blends together.
- Add the chopped olives and keep aside.
- Meanwhile, separate the wraps. Place the chicken stuffing and onion bell pepper mixture in the centre of the wrap. Fold the wrap and keep aside.
- Do the same with the rest of the wraps using chicken and onion mixture. Fold them and keep aside.
- Grease the baking pan with little oil or butter. Spread the pasta sauce. Now arrange the wraps above the pasta sauce. Now pour some pasta sauce over the wraps. Place the mozzarella cheese singles on top of the sauce.
- Repeat the same steps for the rest of the wraps too. Garnish the top layer with mozzarella cheese again.
- Place the Iron Tawa on the stovetop in medium heat. Place the baking pan on the Tawa in medium heat for 3 minutes. Cook them in low heat for 10 more minutes.
- Changes and rotate the baking pan in between to get evenly cooked lasagna.
- Use chilli flakes in the pasta sauce if you prefer spiciness.
- I used the store-bought multigrain tortilla wraps. Wholemeal, Oats, Quinoa wraps will work as well.
Subscribe to my YouTube channel GameOfSpice for more healthy vlogs. For instant updates about new recipes check out my Instagram. For recent updates, check out my Facebook page. You can also go through my pins on Pinterest. Check out my Yummly page for healthy recipes.