Today I prepared a simple Veg Iftar platter that can be consumed any day. This Veg Iftar Platter includes salad, chia pudding, potato paratha/chapati, pomegranate sarbath and fruit skewers. This low calorie, fibre and fruit rich platter is the easier one to incorporate in your weekly meal plan as well. If you are on a diet plan and want to enjoy the Iftar meals, here is a vegetarian treat that is healthy, light-weighted and tasty.
What does Ramadan celebrate?
Ramadan celebration is after a month of sacrifice and prayer. A whole month of fasting starts in the dawn of the day and ends in the dusk of the day. The fasting process prohibits eating any food and even drinking water. The hardship of fasting ends every day with an Iftar (breaking the fast) with family.
What do you eat in Iftar?
The regular Iftar can be a feast with various dishes that include rice, meat, vegetables, fruits, desserts, snacks, dates, and juices, which incorporates the daily adequate carbohydrates, protein, fibre, vitamins, and minerals.
What to eat for Iftar?
The best foods that can be added to your Iftar will make feel light and healthy during the Ramadan period. And this will give us the energy to continue our next day fasting as well.
To replenish energy and continue the daily activities without fatigue after breaking the fast, the meal should be light and healthy. The daily recommended dose of vegetables and fruits will maintain our energy level.
How can I maintain my weight in Ramadan?
The healthy food options loaded with vegetables and fruits with adequate carbs with a regular interval for and after Iftar will allow us to maintain the weight.
Foods to Avoid Eating During Iftar
- Carbonated water
- Fried foods
- Packaged food/drinks
- Oily, masala-rich and fat-rich meals
Give it a try to these Platter/ Main course
CLAYPOT CHICKEN RICE IN A PRESSURE COOKER– A claypot chicken rice that made in a pressure cooker to ease up the cooking process.
MAKE TOM YUM FRIED RICE FROM SCRATCH– A tom yum fried rice made from homemade tom yum paste from scratch with prawn.
HIGH PROTEIN BREAKFAST WRAPS– A vegetarian high protein breakfast wraps made using a tortilla.
A change to regular Iftar-Veg Iftar Platter for Ramadan 2021
- 2 tbsp Chia seeds
- ½ cup Milk
- ¼ cup Blueberry
- 3 tbsp Pomegranate
- 2 to 3 tbsp Nannari Sarbath/ Jaggery/Honey
- 3/4 cup Wheat flour/Atta
- 3 Potatoes small
- Salt as required
- ⅛ to ¼ tsp Chilli powder
- ⅛ tsp Turmeric powder
- ⅛ tsp Garam masala
- ⅛ tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 2 tsp Dry fenugreek leaves/kasuri methi
- 1 cup Pomegranate
- 2 to 3 tbsp Nannari Sarbath
- ¼ to ½ cup Water
- 1/2 box Lettuce
- 1/2 Sweet corn steamed
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes
- ¼ cup Pomegranate
- 2 tbsp Thai Mango salad dressing
- 2 tbsp Vietnamese Lemongrass salad dressing
- Wood skewers
- Grapes as required
- Blueberries as required
- Blackberries as required
- Strawberries as required
- Dates as required
- Add chia seed in a bowl.
- Add milk and mix well to avoid forming of any lumps.
- Keep aside from 1/2 hour to 2 hour for best result.
- Now transfer the soaked chia seed into a serving bowl.
- Decorate with blueberry.
- Add pomegranate in the middle.
- Add nannari sarbath and serve chilled.
- Add the wheat flour into a bowl.
- Add required salt.
- Add water and make a thick dough. Keep aside.
- Boil the potatoes. Peel the skin and mash.
- Add salt to the potatoes.
- Add turmeric powder.
- Add chilli powder.
- Add garam masala powder.
- Add ginger garlic paste.
- Add dry fenugreek leaves/kasuri methi.
- Mix well to blend everything together.
- Add the potato mixture into the dough.
- Mix well to merge the potato and dough thoroughly.
- Divide the dough into small doughs to spread into paratha.
- Use a roller pin to spread a thick paaratha/chapathi.
- Cook the paratha / chapathi using ghee or oil.
- Keep it aside until it is ready to handle.
- Cut the paratha/chapathi into 4 pieces.
- Serve with thick curd/yogurt.
- Add the pomegranate in a mixer jar.
- Add water into it.
- Add sarbath and blend them together until it grinds.
- Pour the juice to the cup you intended to serve and serve chilled.
- Wash and dry the lettuce leaves.
- Arrage the lettuce leaves in a plate.
- Add the steamed corn in the middle of the plate.
- Add pomegranate around the corn.
- Add sliced cherry tomatoes.
- Add the salad dressing and serve immediately.
- Use the skewers to thread the fruits and dates according to your preference.
- Nannari Sarbath is the sweetener I am using in chia pudding and pomegranate Sarbath. You can substitute your preferred sweetener like jaggery, honey, sugar syrup, agave, or any artificial sweeteners.
- If you are preparing the paratha/chapathi earlier, keep them in a hot case. Serve once all the dishes are ready.
- Only add salad dressings before serving the salad to avoid the soggy salad.
- You can alter the vegetables according to your preference/taste in the salad.
- Add orange for a refreshing salad.
Unique recipes to try
MAKE ROASTED ROTISSERIE CHICKEN AT HOME– A whole roasted rotisserie chicken with simple spices like paprika, ginger garlic paste, chilli powder and cumin powder.
CLAM CHOWDER BREAD BOWL– A restaurant famous recipe made in a lighter version to reduce the fat content.
SINGAPORE STYLE FRIED VERMICELLI– A Singapore style breakfast recipe that includes prawn, fish ball.
BAKED STUFFED SHELLS | MAKE EASY PASTA– A one-pot baked pasta that includes shell pasta, asparagus and tofu stuffing.
Subscribe to my YouTube channel GameOfSpice for more healthy vlogs. For instant updates about new recipes check out my Instagram. For recent updates, check out my Facebook page. You can also go through my pins on Pinterest. Check out my Yummly for healthy recipes.