Nendran banana is always the staple food especially along with breakfast in Kerala and the border of southern areas of India.
Healthy evening snack with a good combo of nutritious ingredients. Nendran banana, eggs, milk combines altogether easily and bread gives the necessary dense to this recipe.
Best after school snack for the active young minds. Cardamom powder enhances the dish and steaming is the best way to cook more nutritious.
Nendran banana recipe
STUFFED BANANA FRITTERS– A deep fried snack recipe to enjoy with an evening tea.
HEALTHY FINGER MILLET PUTTU/STEAM CAKE– A finger millet steam cake /puttu recipe that includes coconut, Nendran banana and jaggery to enjoy this healthy sweet treat.
How to make steamed bread Nendran Banana Pudding | Kerala banana
- Bread slices-5
- Nendran banana big-1
- Sweetened condensed skimmed milk Milkmaid-1/2 tin (low fat)
- Cardamom powder-1/2 tsp
- Cut the bread slices into small pieces. Use a blender to make it into a soft crumb. Keep it separate.
- Add banana, egg, condensed milk to the blender, and blend until it becomes a smooth batter.
- Add crumb and blend till it mixes well.
- Now add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Pour the batter into a bowl and cover with aluminium foil to block the water vapour from getting in.
- Use the steamer to steam for 30 minutes.
- Allow it to cool down before cutting into desired shape and size.
- If concerned about the bread crust, remove it before cutting it.
- You can replace the Nendran banana with any other banana. However, the Nendran banana is the best to use in this recipe.
- Here, I used low fat condensed milk. Normal condensed milk can be used too.
- The cooling procedure must be followed to get a firm and soft pudding. Otherwise, the pudding will be soft and squishy in the middle.
- Raisins and nuts can be included in the crunchier version.
Kerala recipes to try
STEAMED JACKFRUIT RICE CAKE– A steamed soft and fluffy jackfruit cake that includes rice flour, jackfruit pulp ,jaggery and yeast.
RICE CREPES | EASY NO FERMENTATION BREAKFAST-A simple and easy to make breakfast that requires no fermentation.
MAKE BUTTERMILK CURRY | MOR KULAMBU– A simple yet comforting buttermilk curry that can be accompanied with rice.
MOONG/MUNG DAL KHEER | PASI PARUPPU PAYASAM– A Kerala style payasam or sweet that contains moong dal, jaggery, coconut milk and rice ada.
Subscribe to my YouTube channel GameOfSpice for more healthy vlogs. For instant updates about new recipes check out my Instagram. For recent updates, check out my Facebook page. You can also go through my pins on Pinterest. Check out my Yummly for healthy recipes.