Nendran banana is always the staple food especially along with breakfast in Kerala and the border of southern areas of India.
Healthy evening snack with a good combo of nutritious ingredients. Nendran banana, eggs, milk combines altogether easily and bread gives the necessary dense to this recipe.
Best after school snack for the active young minds. Cardamom powder enhances the dish and steaming is the best way to cook more nutritious.
- Bread slices-5
- Nendran banana(big)-1
- Sweetened condensed skimmed milk(Milkmaid)-1/2 tin (low fat)
- Cardamom powder-1/2 tsp
- Cut the bread slices into small pieces. Use blender to make it into a soft crumb. Keep it separate.
- In a blender add banana, egg, condensed milk and blend till it becomes into a smooth batter.
- Add crumb and blend till it mixes well.
- Now add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Pour the batter into a bowl and cover with aluminum foil to block the water vapour from getting in.
- Use steamer to steam for 30 minutes.
- Allow it to cool down before cutting into desired shape and size.
- If concerned about the bread crust, remove it before cutting it.
- You can replace the Nendran banana with any other banana. However, the Nendran banana is the best to use in this recipe.
- Here, I used low fat condensed milk. Normal condensed milk can be used too.
- The cooling procedure must be followed to get a firm and soft pudding. Otherwise, the pudding will be soft and squishy in the middle.
- Raisins and nuts can be included for the crunchier version.