Dill weed has been used since ancient times for its amazing medicinal properties. It is commonly used for pickles, salads and soups. This low-calorie, high nutrient, leafy herb has a unique taste and distinct flavour. It is used in multiple cuisines.
Dill weed is known for its anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial effects. It helps digestion, lowers blood sugar level, induces sleep, maintains hormonal balance and reduces cholesterol. It also prevents osteoporosis by preventing bone loss and strengthening the bone.
This herb can be used both dried and fresh. It can be stored in the freezer for future usage.
Dill weed blends well with potato, chicken, fish and pasta. Dill weed and salmon is the best combination. However, for a fool-proof recipe, baking salmon with Dill weed is recommended.
The fish can also be cooked on a grill or in an oven. The recipe and its measurements remain the same.
- Salmon-390 gms
- Dry dill leaves-2 tsp
- Coriander powder-2 tsp
- Red chilli powder-1 tsp
- Cumin Powder-1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice-1 1/2 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste-1 tsp
- Cut and wash the salmon into small pieces.
- Marinate the salmon with all the ingredients mentioned in the ingredients list.
- Keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat an iron Tava/fry pan.
- Don’t add oil while cooking salmon. It already has fat. That is enough to cook.
- Cook the salmon till it is golden in colour.
- Serve hot.
- Don’t add oil while cooking salmon. Salmon has enough fat content to cook. Adding oil make the fry more oily.
- Use the Iron Tava to get a nice golden colour.
- Cook the salmon in medium heat and cook quickly. Cooking longer period in low flame makes the salmon more harder and rather chewy than soft.