Healthy ghee rice. The recipe name gives an overall view and some details of the recipe. But conversely, we are not going to use ghee in this recipe. I am replacing ghee with olive oil (my favourite) and you will get aromatic ghee rice. I tried brown basmati rice.
When I tried this recipe the first time, my children saw the brown rice and their first expression was repulsion. But they asked for a second serving after eating.
This recipe totally changes one’s view of brown rice. The ingredients used in this recipe gives a guilt-free satisfaction when you consume it often.
Healthy ghee rice | How to make ghee rice | Nei choru
- Pressure cooker
- Daawat brown basmati rice-1 1/2 cups
- Sliced onion-2 big
- Ginger garlic paste-2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves-1 handful
- Mint leaves-1 handful
- Cardamom- 4
- Bayleaf- 2
- Cinnamon- 4 inch
- Olive oil- 2 tbsp
- water- 2 1/4 cups
- Wash the basmati rice and soak for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Then, add bay leaf, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves.
- After it has fried enough, add onion and fry till it turns into a slight golden colour.
- Now, add ginger garlic paste, wait for some time till the raw smell goes away.
- Add mint leaves, coriander leaves and saute well.
- Now add the drained rice and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add water and salt. Now close the cooker with the lid and put on the whistle.
- Switch off the stove after you get 2 whistles.
- Daawat basmati rice works well in this recipe. If you want to use any other brand’s basmati rice, refer to the manufacturer cooking instruction on the pack.
- Chicken curry can be the perfect accompaniment. For vegetarian preferers, Kadai vegetable, Kadai paneer, paneer butter masala, Chettinad veg curry can go along with this recipe.
Subscribe to my YouTube channel GameOfSpice for more healthy vlogs. For instant updates about new recipes check out my Instagram. For recent updates, check out my Facebook page. You can also go through my pins on Pinterest. Check out my Yummly for healthy recipes.