This crispy fish fry is a simple version with less ingredients. This can be a great appetizer or the best side to the main course. This goes well with Sambar, Rasam and Ghee rice.
This recipe uses less oil and fry pan to fry the fish. More healthier than the deep-fried version. As we are shallow fry the fish, the fish retains its moisture. I am not adding any food colour in this recipe. If you prefer the fish to be in red colour add beetroot juice.
- Seer fish slices-1/2 kg
- Coriander powder-2 tsp
- Chilli powder-1 tsp
- Ginger-garlic paste-1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
- Cumin Powder-1/4 tsp
- Lemon juice-2 tsp
- Curry leaves
- Clean and wash the fish slices.
- Marinate the fish with coriander powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt, ginger-garlic paste, lemon juice. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat fry pan or Tava with little oil. Add fish slices along with curry leaves. Turn frequently to prevent the fish from sticking in the pan.
- Any type of fish can be used in this recipe. Seer fish has thick flesh which will give the firm fish fry. Small fish can be used in this recipe as well.
- If you are buying the whole fish, try to cut thin slices to get a crispy fish fry.
- Coconut oil can be used while frying the fish to get more flavour.
- If the masala paste is not sticking enough in the fish slices, add 1tbsp of gram flour and 1 tsp of rice flour along with the masala.
- The fish can be grilled with the same ingredients. If you are planning to air-fry the fish add 2 tsp of oil in the marination stage.