Nowadays a lot of juice and drinks are available in the supermarket with a lot of variety. Looking for a healthy lifestyle to avoid loaded sugar, preservatives, colour and artificial flavouring, homemade juices are the only way to include more fluid in the kid’s food. Other than ABC juice, Celery juice, Hibiscus juice, my kid’s favorite juice is lemongrass pandan juice.
Even though we can get lemongrass juice in the wet market, I try to make it at home fresh for the kids. These herbs are available throughout the year and are cheap. Since it is easy to make and is high in nutrition content, I prepare this lemongrass pandan juice more often.
Lemongrass has many healing, detoxifying and therapeutic properties. Relives symptoms of PMS, regulates cholesterol and blood pressure, and has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties. It is a known diuretic.
This refreshing healthy taste quencher gets ready in thirty minutes.
Does lemongrass tea have caffeine?
Lemongrass tea does not contain any caffeine. They are an infusion of leaves, seeds, roots or bark, extracted in hot water. Herbal tea is a thing more people want to switch from their regular tea.
Which part of lemongrass to use?
Remove the bottom hard part. Discard the green part of lemongrass to avoid the bitterness.
Detox juices to try
SUGAR-FREE GREEN APPLE SOUR PLUM JUICE– A sugar-free detox juice that includes green apple and sour plum.
HIBISCUS JUICE– A healthy drink that can be served as a juice and tea made using fresh hibiscus flowers.
Lemongrass pandan juice | Lemongrass drink | Herbal tea
- Pandan leaves screwpine leaves-8
- Water-1 liter
- Ginger juice-1/2 tsp
- Sugar- as required
- Cut off the head part of the pandan leaves.
- Wash and clean the leaves to get rid of the mud. Tie the pandan leaves in a bundle.
- Cut off the head part of the lemongrasses. Use the white part only.
- Cut the lemongrass into small pieces. Pound the lemongrass to extract more juice.
- Now boil the lemongrass, pandan leaves along the water.
- Once the water has boiled, cook covered the lemongrass for 30 minutes in low heat.
- Lemongrass pandan tea is now ready. Add ginger juice and sugar to taste.
- When the lemongrass juice comes to normal temperature, keep it in the refrigerator. Serve cold with ice cubes.
- Remove the green part of lemongrass as it tends to give bitterness to the drink.
- Raw sugar can be substituted for honey, sugar-free, agave syrup, and jaggery.
- This is a herbal tea and doesn’t contain any caffeine.
Subscribe to my YouTube channel GameOfSpice for more healthy vlogs. For instant updates about new recipes check out my Instagram. For recent updates, check out my Facebook page. You can also go through my pins on Pinterest. Check out my Yummly for healthy recipes.