Simple mornings some times start with English breakfasts. Cornbread, pancakes, waffles, cornflakes, Spanish omelette, bread toast, English muffins, sandwich, banana bread and muffins are some of the examples. No flour pumpkin oats muffin is the recipe I am planning to make today.
Nowadays readymade muffin mixes are available in vegetarian, gluten-free, and with added bran versions too. I like to make waffles, pancakes and muffins with my homemade mix. This is an eggless jiffy version. These pumpkin muffins include banana as well.
Here, I used the Cavendish banana. If you don’t like the cinnamon flavour you can avoid it.
No flour pumpkin oats muffins ingredients
Highly nutrient-dense pumpkin is the key ingredient. I am using the regular yellow pumpkin for this muffin recipe.
A whole-grain food, oats is another ingredient. I am using rolled oats for more nutrient content. You can use a spice grinder or normal blender to powder the oats.
A healthy binder, banana is used in this recipe. Any type of banana will work. The small yellow varieties can work. I am using the cavendish banana as they are sweet.
Cinnamon powder, cardamom powder and pumpkin spice are the spices I am using in this recipe. You can alter your preferred ones.
Baking powder & soda
These are the agents I am using to get a fluffy and soft muffins.
I am using raw sugar for this recipe. You can use a spice grinder or blender to powder the sugar for easy mixing. Brown sugar also works well.
I am not using any butter or egg in this dish. The only liquid I am using is milk. You can use full fat/reduced-fat milk.
Vanilla extract is one more ingredient I am using in these muffins. Vanilla extract is the natural extract from vanilla. Vanilla essence is a synthetic flavouring. You can use either one of them.
Similar healthy recipes
Healthy cranberry waffle– A healthy waffle made using oats, wheat flour, and finger millet flour and topped with homemade cranberry jam.
High protein breakfast wraps– A stomach-filling vegetarian breakfast wrap filled with garbanzo beans and tofu to balance the protein goodness.
Tangy lotus seed– A simple lotus seed snack recipe with a punch of sweet and tanginess.
Healthy finger millet steam cake/puttu– A healthy alternative to rice-based steam cake/Puttu.An extra sweetness from the Kerala banana to satisfy the sweet tooth.
No flour pumpkin oats muffin
- Rice cake steamer/Puttu steamer/Idli cooker
- 1 cup Pumpkin puree
- 2 Ripe banana
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 cups Oat flour from coarsely ground rolled oats
- 3 tbsp Pumpkin pie spice powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp Cardamom powder
- 1.5 tsp Baking powder
- 1.5 tsp Baking soda
- ¼ cup Raw or brown sugar
- 2 pinches Salt
- Add the dry ingredients in a bowl one by one. Add oat flour, Baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon powder, cardamom powder, pumpkin pie spice powder and sugar and mix them well.
- In a separate bowl add the mashed banana, vanilla extract, pumpkin puree, milk and mix them well until they blend together.
- Now add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix them well with one direction movement.
- Pour the batter in a muffin cups. The batter should not be above the 3/4 of the caveat as they tend to rise.
- Steam the muffins. Use a toothpick to check whether it is fully cooked. If the toothpick comes out without any batter the muffins are cooked.
- Frozen ripe banana works well.
- Yellow banana can be also be used.
- Make sure the bananas are ripe enough before adding.
Similar kid friendly recipes
Energy bar– A high energy bar with the goodness of oats, lotus seed, nuts and dates.
Pancake cereal | Mini pancakes– A Tiktok viral pancake cereal with the healthy twist of oats, finger millet flour and wheat flour.
Steamed apple cake– A steamed cake recipe made using cake flour, apples, eggs and milk powder.A simple snack recipe to try.
Weight watchers can include the pumpkin muffin recipe in their diet routine as it doesn’t include any flour.
Subscribe to my YouTube channel GameOfSpice for more healthy vlogs. For instant updates about new recipes check out my Instagram. For recent updates, check out my Facebook page. You can also go through my pins on Pinterest. Check out my Yummly for healthy recipes.