One more pudding recipe for the hungry kids who just arrived from school. This dish is not a planned one. I saw few bananas ready to shed from its bunch. So I thought of making a snack and ended up in this recipe.
We all know banana is a healthy fruit. And it has fibre which aids in digestion. Potassium-rich banana helps in controlling blood pressure. Vitamin c is an added advantage.
Weight watchers should limit the consumption of banana as it is a high-calorie fruit.
I am using wheat flour in this recipe. The pudding will be in a dark colour as I am using brown sugar.
- Wheat flour-200 gm
- Vanilla essence-1 1/2 tsp
- Brown sugar-5 tbsp
- Baking powder-1 tsp
- In a bowl, add wheat flour, salt, sugar and mix them well.
- In a mixing bowl add egg and vanilla essence. Use a hand blender to mix them well. The mixture can be fluffed to get a smooth texture.
- Meanwhile, mash the banana either using a blender or a hand blender.
- Now add the flour mixture and banana into the wet mixture. Beat the mixture for 2 minutes until everything mixes well together.
- Now the batter is ready to cook. Pour the batter into a pan. Use a parchment paper to make sure it doesn’t stick to the pan.
- In a steamer, cook the batter for 3o minutes.
- Use a toothpick to check in the middle part of the batter is cooked.
- Remove the pan from the steamer. Remove the pudding from the pan. Allow it cool down.
- Mash the banana before adding. It will become dark because of oxidation.
- Parchment paper will reduce the batter from sticking in the pan.
- Cover the lid of the steamer with a cloth to reduce the dripping of steam into the pudding.