Ramadan is here. So, fasting month preparation starts with Ramadan food preparation, Suhur/Iftar meal prep, make-ahead recipes, and freezer meals to focus on prayers in a hassle-free, relaxing way. Ramadan Kareem recipes are usually rich and heavy. Why not have healthy and light Iftar recipes to ease the breaking of the fast? Here is the oats nombu kanji recipe, to enjoy the goodness of the oats.
Intermittent fasting is effective on fat mass and body weight losses. Ramadan fasting lies in the intermittent fasting category as well. Ramadan falls in various seasons as Ramadan is shifting 11 days earlier every year. So, this year’s Ramadan falls in the summer. Ramadan fasting starts with the Suhur/Sahar and ends with the Iftar in the evening. Every Iftar/ breaking the fasting starts with dates and water. High fibre, vegetable and fruit included diets are helpful to sustain over long periods. Proper hydration and small portioned multiple meals between Iftar and Suhur/Sahar will also help to avoid getting fatigued in this holy month. In addition, fried foods and sweets will make the digestive system work harder after the long hours of fasting, so you should avoid that.
The oatmeal diet will help in the Ramdan month if you want to lose more weight. Old fashioned/rolled oats are thick and less processed when compared to quick-cooking oats. However, cooking these steel-cut oats is time-consuming when compared to regular porridge oats.
Why not try the oats for weight loss? Alternate the rice with oats and enjoy the light, healthy oats nombu kanji with your favourite side dish.
Nombu kanji is usually served/consumed along with bajji, vada and samosa. Here, I served with Tawa-fried cutlet.
This is not only an Iftar recipe, I prefer to make these oats nombu kanji whenever I feel in a need of light and healthy dinner.
Ramadan Recipe Ideas
TWIST TO REGULAR IFTAR-VEGETARIAN IFTAR PLATTER FOR RAMADAN-A vegetarian platter contains Potato chapati, Vegetarian salad, and Pomegranate chia pudding, Pomegranate sharbat/sherbat and Fruit skewers.
RAMADAN PREPARATION 2022 | HOW TO MAKE & FREEZE IFTAR RECIPES-4 make and freeze Iftar recipes and Ramadan meal prep recipes to ease the workload during the fasting month.
ROASTED ROTISSERIE CHICKEN– A homemade whole roasted rotisserie chicken with simple spices to enjoy.
EASY MUTTON/MINCE KEBAB | NON-VEG STARTER RECIPE-A tasty and zesty minced mutton kebab recipe for a comforting mutton side dish.
EASY TO MAKE FALAFEL IN 2 WAYS– A crunchy snack recipe made with chickpea and simple spices to enjoy the Middle Eastern cuisine.
How to make Oats Nombu kanji | Ramadan 2022 | Iftar Recipes
- 1 cup Oats
- 2 tbsp Moong/mung dal
- 2 inch Cinnamon
- 3 Cloves
- 2 Cardamom
- 1 Bay leaf
- ½ tsp Fenugreek
- 1 Onion medium-sized
- 1 Tomato
- 2 Green chillies
- 2 inch Ginger
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 Carrot
- 8 Beans
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add bay leaf, cinnamon, clove and cardamom and fry.
- Now add fenugreek and fry.
- Add chopped onion and fry well.
- Add grated ginger and garlic and fry well.
- Now it is time to add the slit chillies.
- Fry everything until everything cook well.
- Add chopped tomato.
- Add salt to fasten the cooking process of the tomato.
- When the tomato is cooked enough,add the washed and soaked moong/mung dal.
- Add the chopped beans and carrot when the dal is half cooked.
- Add enough water and cook the vegetables and dal well.
- Add crushed oats andmix well.
- Add salt.
- Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with your favourite side dish.
- Wash and soak the moong/mung dal.
- You can roast the moong/mung dal if you prefer.
- Use your favourite vegetables to make the oats kanji more nutritious. Pea and mushrooms can be included to make the kanji tastier.
- Crush the oats in a blender or food processor to ease the cooking.
- Add the oats little by little and mix. Mix quick and well to avoid forming any lumps.
- No need to crush the oats if you are intending to use the quick-cooking oats.
- Usually, the nombu kanji used to serve with fried snacks like vada, samosa or bajji.
STEAMED JACKFRUIT RICE CAKE– A fluffy and soft jackfruit rice cake steamed and enjoyed as a dessert.
CLEAR AGAR-AGAR JELLY FRUIT CAKE– A clear agar-agar jelly fruit cake for a refreshing dessert.
KUNAFA-LOW-FAT DESSERT– A low-fat Middle Eastern dessert popularly known as kunafa with some low-fat modifications.
4 INGREDIENTS MANGO MOUSSE– A 4 ingredients mango mousse pudding made using fresh mango.
BOBA CUSTARD FROM SCRATCH– A custard topped with homemade boba pearls.
Subscribe to my YouTube channel GameOfSpice for more healthy vlogs. For instant updates about new recipes check out my Instagram. For recent updates, check out my Facebook page. You can go through my pins on Pinterest. Check out my Yummly for healthy recipes.