One of the well-known superfoods are regularly on our plates today. I got introduced to this vegetable in my 20’s.
It is not a wonder to say that my kids like this vegetable. They are crisp and flavourful. However, when we introduce this superfood in their childhood they will not say ‘no’ to this kind of food.
It is enough to increase the appetite when the broccoli is sauteed in olive oil with garlic and is seasoned with salt and pepper.
Simply steamed, soups, salads and pasta dishes are well-known recipes in which broccoli stars. Today, we are going to make a soup using broccoli.
Along with broccoli, I added mushroom to balance and to add more flavour to the soup. The baby corn gives volume and coarseness to the soup.
- Broccoli-1/2 head
- White button mushroom-10-12(small-sized)
- Baby corn-4
- Chopped garlic-5(medium-sized)
- Chopped onion-1(medium-sized)
- Milk-1/2 cup
- Olive Oil
- Crushed pepper or pepper powder
- Add the chopped broccoli in hot water and cover with the lid. Keep this aside for 3-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan add oil and saute the garlic. Now, add onion and saute until it’s half-cooked.
- Add the chopped baby corn and mushroom. Cook until the mushroom oozes outs water.
- Now add the broccoli and cook for some more time till it becomes tender.
- Turn off the heat. keep this aside for cooling.
- Grind the mixture into a smooth paste, when it has cooled enough.
- Add oil in a hot saucepan. Pour the ground mixture and add salt.
- Add milk and boil this in low heat.
- Add pepper for your taste.
- Serve hot with garlic bread.
- Any type of mushroom can be used in this recipe.
- Leek can be used instead of onion in this recipe.
- Croutons can be added before serving the soup.
- Add parsley if you like.
- Cream can be used instead of milk in this recipe. I want the recipe to be mild and low fat so I added milk.