One more warm and sunny day. I made this pineapple cake recipe from scratch with fresh pineapple and topped it with yogurt cream for a light but decadent treat! Not too sweet and so fluffy, this Pineapple Cake is perfectly balanced. The pineapple isn’t overwhelming. It’s subtle. Just right, in fact.
The is a moist and fluffy cake, with a mild pineapple flavour and crushed pineapple baked right in. One of the best things about this homemade cake is how easy it is to make. This cake recipe uses yogurt and pineapple juice to main its moisture. This recipe does not include any oil or butter.
Can I use fresh pineapple instead of canned?
Yes. I am using the ripe fresh pineapple in this recipe. Use a ripe pineapple to get the juicy chunks.
What does yogurt do in baking?
The yogurt will retain the moisture of the cake with its creaminess. The acidity in the yogurt will activate the baking powder and results in a fluffy cake.
Decorate and serve pineapple cake with variations:
- Decorate and top the pineapple cake with whipped fresh cream/ buttercream or coconut cream.
- Top with fruits. Berries are good combinations though.
- Layer the cake with yoghurt sauce for a moisture-rich cake.
FLUFFY MUFFIN WITH WORLD’S EXOTIC FRUIT– A fluffy and moist steamed muffin made using durian and cake flour.
EGGLESS WHOLE WHEAT BANANA BREAD– A steamed whole wheat banana bread made without eggs to enjoy.
JACKFRUIT RICE CAKE– A steamed gluten-free fluffy rice cake made using rice flour jackfruit and jaggery.
PINEAPPLE CAKE RECIPE | How to make pineapple cake without butter and oil
- Electric oven
- Cake flour-1 cup
- Baking powder-1 tsp
- Salt-1/4 tsp
- Yogurt-1/2 cup
- Vanilla essence-1
- Pineapple chunks-1/3 cup
- Pineapple juice-1/4 cup
- Yogurt-1/2 cup
- White chocolate-1/4 cup
- Castor sugar-3 to 4 tsp
- Add the cake flour in to a mixing bowl.
- Add baking powder.
- Add salt.
- Mix well until everything blends together. Make sure there are no lumps formed.
- Separate the egg yolks and whites and keep aside.
- Add yogurt in a bowl.
- Add sugar.
- Use a hand blender/beater to blend the sugar until it dissolves thoroughly.
- Add egg yolks one by one and beat well.
- Beat the egg whites separately. Beat until it is frothy and fluffy. And keep aside until when it is required.
- Add pineapple essence/vanilla essence and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Add in small portions to avoid any forming of lumps.
- Break the lumps if any formed.
- Add the chopped pineapple chunks.
- Add the pineapple juice.
- Mix everything. Mix gently and fold the batter. Avoid rigorous mixing to avoid the flattening of the cake.
- Add the egg whites. Mix in one direction and fold the batter.
- Pour the batter into a loaf pan or any baking pan.
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes for 170 C in a preheated oven.
- When the cake is ready, leave it for 10 minutes until it is cool down.
- Add yoghurt in mixing bowl.
- Beat the yoghurt using a hand blender.
- Add castor sugar.
- Mix until the sugar dissolves thoroughly.
- Melt the white chocolate compound.
- Add the melted chocolate into the yogurt mixture.
- Cut the cake into desired size.
- Pour the yoghurt mixture on top of the cake and serve.
- Pineapple cake is ready now.
- Use plain, flavourless yogurt. Don’t use curd or sour yogurt for this recipe. Greek yogurt is the best option because of its thick and creamy texture.
- Beat the egg white separately for a fluffy cake.
- The yogurt will maintain the moisture in the cake.
- I am using yoghurt which already contains sugar. So I reduced the quantity of sugar I add.
- Melt the white chocolate in a microwave before using it.
STEAMED APPLE CAKE– A steamed apple cake made using apple, cake flour, milk powder and eggs.
CUSTARD BREAD PUDDING– A custard bread pudding made using leftover bread and custard sauce.
STEAMED BANANA PUDDING– A steamed pudding that includes banana, eggs and wheat flour.
RED VELVET YEAST CHOCOLATE GLAZED DONUT– A yeasted red velvet donut topped with chocolate glaze and steamed to make the donut healthier option.
Subscribe to my YouTube channel GameOfSpice for more healthy vlogs. For instant updates about new recipes check out my Instagram. For recent updates, check out my Facebook page. You can also go through my pins on Pinterest. Check out my Yummly for healthy recipes.